Thursday, May 31, 2007

Waiting game continues...

We are still waiting for a place to put my mom. There are not very many places who would like to take her ... and she keeps getting denied. She is too much of a liability to even a locked facility - if she gets out. Its a frustration for myself and her current nursing home.

She is currently in the hospital, in which they are playing with her medications to see if there is any indication in which she will slow down. The Alzheimer's is causing a severe chemical imbalance. All the sedatives that would knock you and I out for a good 12 hours, are making her move faster.

I keep apologizing to her nurse and he stopped me in his tracks. "Shana, this is not your fault, its the disease. I went through it with my parents ... We just need to make her stable." Its always nice to know that people have gone through this and we're not alone. We're still trying ... on so many levels.

I celebrated my 27th birthday on Monday. Here's to another year of life, liberty and the pursuit :)

No comments: